Terms & Conditions
Last updated June 22, 2022
Welcome to Sonar!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Sonar.
By using this app we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Sonar if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Extension of terms. This license agreement extends the End-User License Agreement (USLA) provided by Apple. Please visit the following link to view the LICENSED APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/.
Unless otherwise stated, Sonar and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Sonar. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Sonar for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Sonar for commercial purposes
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Sonar
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Sonar for commercial purposes
- Redistribute content from Sonar for commercial purposes
You may however:
- Republish material from Sonar for the purpose of social sharing
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Sonar for the purpose of social sharing
- Redistribute content from Sonar for the purpose of social sharing
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this app offer an opportunity for users to post information in the form of account creation, profile details, and song posts. Sonar does not filter, edit, publish or review the information posted by users prior to their presence on the app. Public information posted by users do not reflect the views and opinions of Sonar, its agents and/or affiliates. Public information posted by users reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sonar shall not be liable for the posted information or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the information on this app.
Sonar reserves the right to monitor all public information posted by users and to remove anything which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Sonar reserves the right to edit, update, and delete information posted by a user where they deem appropriate. For example, Sonar reserves the right to update a user’s bio in the event that a new character limit is set. Another example, Sonar reserves the right to edit a user’s username in the event that a public figure wishes to join the app under their desired alias.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are over the age of 13 at the time of creating an account.
- You are entitled to post your public profile information and song posts on our App and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so.
- The public profile information do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party.
- Any weblink within your public profile information must not link to any external site which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or harmful for a user or device of a user.
- The public profile information does not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy.
- The public profile information does not portray you as someone whom which you are not. This means you must not pretend to be someone that you are not. If you are to use an alias which is not your own, it must be completely fictional, and an indication of its fictitiousness must be present on your profile.
You hereby grant Sonar a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your public profile information in any and all forms, formats or media.
Expectations of Service
You hereby agree to the following:
Your use of our service can occasionally be interrupted by technical issues that may cause the app to be down for periods at a time.
Prices for our products are subject to change.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We reserve the right but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. All descriptions of services or service pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any piece of content or feature of the site at any time.
We only offer refunds in the situation where one has mistakingly been paying for our service without being aware, and therefore without being active on the platform.
To complete a refund request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication in the subject line that it is a refund request. In the request, please disclose your account username.
If your account shows no activity (uploaded songs, liked posts, followed users, etc.) in the time you are requesting a refund for, then we will offer you a refund.
Refunds are offered for up to three payments during inactive months.
Hyperlinking to our App
The following organizations may link to our App without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our App in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- Social media users who are linking to their own profile in the app;
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other App information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- social media sponsors and influencers;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Sonar; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our App so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our App, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Sonar. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our App, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our App as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our App being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s sites
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our App.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on the app. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on our app. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our App. You approve to immediately remove all links to our App upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our App, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our App
If you find any link on our App that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our App and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.